Angela Smith MP

Working hard for you

Westminster B

Statement from Angela Smith 

Liberal Democrat MP Angela Smith has announced that she will be contesting the seat of Altrincham and Sale West at the next General Election

“I’m delighted to be standing as the Liberal Democrat candidate in Altrincham and Sale West at the next general election, whenever that comes.

“It has been an honour to serve as the Member of Parliament for Penistone and Stocksbridge and before that Sheffield Hillsborough. Representing local people is a huge privilege and I want to thank everyone who has supported me over the years.

“During my time we’ve had many successes, but I am particularly proud to have played my part in bringing ‘Fox Valley’ shopping centre to the heart of the constituency – something which has revolutionised the retail and commercial offer to the area creating a thousand new jobs.

“My team and I will continue to be available, and my constituency work and office continues as usual. Anyone who needs my help or assistance should get in touch or come to one of my regular advice surgeries.

“I am now ready to take the fight to the Tories in Altrincham and Sale West and finish the job to stop Brexit.”